What is an ePortfolio? Your ePortfolio is a personal website that holds in one place your academic and professional work.
Is ePortfolio different from CV? Absolutely! A CV ‘lists’ your achievements, while ePortfolio ‘shows’ your audience details of what you’ve done in an aesthetically pleasing way. Eportfolios are more memorable than text because you add photos and multimedia to show your work.
Why should I have an ePortfolio?
- Eportfolios are becoming popular to complement traditional CVs and cover letters, and they allow you to:
- Show off to future employers a full picture of your achievements and interests that is not possible in a CV.
- Build your professional digital footprint. Future employers will search your name on the web, and finding your your eportfolio gives them a great first impression;
- Make yourself “discoverable” in web searches by future employers and collaborators by adding keywords to your eportfolio.
This is a beginner's course so no previous WordPress knowledge is required.
The components of your ePortfolio will be completed incrementally every week. By the end of this 4-week course, your basic ePortfolio will have the following pages: About; Contact; Projects: multimedia works, etc; Optional pages: volunteering work, etc.
- 23 September - 14 October
- 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM